24.05.2008 in Shanghai/China
Following the agenda by president J.R.Westine we worked on the topics:
- Welcome and report on the congress preparation .M.Mori and H.-A.Gitt were invited by Prof.Qiu 2007.
- Membershipreport (J.R.Westine, H.-A. Gitt, K. Mogi): no changed situation against Grado. The colleagues in traditional regions are overloaded with different meetings.
- Treasurer’s report (H.-J.Hochstein): Income for 2008 until May 24 this year 2999 USD. The report is discussed and confirmed.
- Congress 2008: 12 countries, pre-meeting AO-symposium, 12 panels, 2 symposiums, 134 free oral papers, 209 posters, industrial exhibition Chairmanships by ICMFS-officers:.Westine, Shimizu, Mogi, Gitt, Mori. High scientific level, excellent organization. During the Gala Prof.Qiu and Zhang were nominated as Fellow of ICMFS by president J.R.Westine following a proposal by Secr.-General H.-A.Gitt.
- The meeting elected Prof.Kenji Mogi from Japan as new president of ICMFS. Congratulations! Prof. Mogi asked in his statement for further improvement in communication and ways to win new members.
- Next meetings.:November 2008-Panafrican Congress in Nigeria (supported by past-president J.R.Westine at the same time as director of the foundation); November 2009-Cairo/Egypt (vice-president El Mardenly); 2010 may be again in conjunction with ICOOC in Prague/Czech Rep. (Councillor A.K.Varma), Belgrade/Serbia (former vicepresident Cvetinovic) 2011 and later – Japan, Belgium, Spain, Senegal, Vietnam, Germany.
- Foundation (J.R.Westine): The director reports on the very successful activities in Nepal and Nigeria. The actual account is 152.000 USD. Further projects could be in Guatemala (Councillor Asensio,past-president J.R.Westine,vice-president T.Kimura), in Nigeria and in special hospitals in Myanmar (CouncillorThet Hta Way). For the foundation see www.ifccd.org